How To Join
Are you interested in becoming an alumni or associate member of the Association of Women in Agriculture? Are you a former member interested in joining our alumni? Are you a friend of the organization who would like to get more involved?
For information on becoming an alumni or associate member, contact Abbey Wethal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on becoming a student member, contact Jessica Wendt at email@example.com.
Alumni/Associate members can contribute and benefit from AWA in many ways:- Alumni Networking: Professional and personal development
- AWA ListServe Access: Allows members to distribute and have access to job, internship and scholarship opportunities as well as AWA events
- Student Mentorship Program: Students are matched with alumni/associate members for mentorship (Contact the Student Alumni Coordinator to learn more)
- Networking Dinners: Host or attend dinners for networking (Contact the Programming Chair to discuss hosting a dinner at your home or office)
- AWA Day: Our annual meeting and banquet held each spring (Check out our events page for more information)
- Professional Development: Attend events such as the Wisconsin Ag Women's Summit with other AWA members
- Speaking Opportunities: Present any topic at student meetings/events (Contact the Student Vice President to discuss topics and to schedule the engagement)
- Give Back: Donate to our scholarship fund which awards scholarships to active student members
- Leadership: Get involved by serving on the corporation board and committees including
- Advancement - The Advancement Committee is responsible for membership recruitment, along with increasing the financial resources of AWA.
- Communications - The Communications Committee oversees the AWA website, E-Alerts and public relations.The committee is also responsible for the mentorship program.
- Education - The Education Committee is responsible for the management of AWA's scholarship accounts at the UW Foundation and coordinates the recruitment, selection and distribution of AWA's scholarships.
- Financial Management - The Financial Management Committee manages the finances of AWA Inc. Primary responsibilities include managing the mortgage of the house, setting rent and planning for long-term maintenance and capital expenses.
- House Management - The House Management Committee conducts all business relating to the management of AWA's house.
- Programming - The Programming Committee is responsible for planning student/alumni events, such as the Women's Ag Leadership Summit, AWA Day, networking dinners, etc.
To update your contact information on file with us, please contact Barbara Cooper Sherman at BarbaraSherman@wi.rr.com.